P0797 NISSAN - Pressure Control Solenoid 'C' Stuck On
- Low transmission fluid level
- Dirty transmission fluid
- Faulty pressure control solenoid valve 'C'
- Pressure control solenoid valve 'C' harness is open or shorted
- Pressure control solenoid valve 'C' circuit poor electrical connection
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Shift shock
P0797 Nissan Description
The Pressure Control (PC) Solenoid Valve an electronic pressure regulator that controls transmission line pressure based on current flow through its coil windings. As current flow is increased, the magnetic field produced by the coil moves the solenoid’s plunger further away from the exhaust port. Opening the exhaust port decreases the output fluid pressure regulated by the PC solenoid valve, which ultimately decreases line pressure. The line pressure solenoid valve regulates the oil pump discharge pressure to suit the driving condition in response to a signal sent from the Transmission Control Module (TCM).