P0771 2011 TOYOTA CAMRY - Shift Solenoid 'E' Performance Valve SR
P0771 2011 Toyota Camry Possible Causes
- Low transmission fluid level
- Dirty transmission fluid
- Faulty shift solenoid valve SR
- Shift solenoid valve SR harness is open or shorted
- Shift solenoid valve SR circuit poor electrical connection
- Valve body is blocked
Cost of diagnosing the P0771 2011 Toyota Camry code
The cost of diagnosing the P0771 2011 Toyota Camry code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the code detected?
The P0771 code is detected when the ECM has detected a mechanical fault with the solenoid energized, valve stuck off
P0771 2011 Toyota Camry Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Transmission will not shift gears.
P0771 2011 Toyota Camry Meaning
Shift solenoid valve 'E' is turned ON or OFF by the Transmission Control Module (TCM) in response to signals sent from the park/neutral position (PNP) switch, vehicle speed and Engine Control Module (ECM
) (throttle opening). Gears will then be shifted to the optimum position.