P0770 2005 NISSAN ALTIMA SEDAN - Shift Solenoid Valve 'E' Malfunction
P0770 2005 Nissan Altima Sedan Possible Causes
- Low transmission fluid level
- Dirty transmission fluid
- Faulty shift solenoid 'E' valve
- Shift solenoid 'E' valve harness is open or shorted
- Shift solenoid 'E' valve circuit poor electrical connection
When is the code detected?
The P0770 code is detected when the ECM detects an improper voltage drop when it tries to operate the solenoid valve.
P0770 2005 Nissan Altima Sedan Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Transmission will not shift gears.
P0770 2005 Nissan Altima Sedan Meaning
Shift solenoid valve 'E' is turned ON or OFF by the Transmission Control Module (TCM) in response to signals sent from the park/neutral position (PNP) switch, vehicle speed and Engine Control Module (ECM
) (throttle opening). Gears will then be shifted to the optimum position.