P0761 FORD - Shift Solenoid 3 Performance
- Low transmission fluid level
- Dirty transmission fluid
- Faulty 3 Shift Solenoid Valve
- 3 Shift Solenoid Valve harness or connectors
- 3 Shift Solenoid Valve circuit is open or shorted
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Transmission will not shift gears
P0761 Ford Description
Shift solenoid valve 3 is turned ON or OFF by the Transmission Control Module (TCM) in response to signals sent from the park/neutral position (PNP) switch, vehicle speed and Engine Control Module (ECM) (throttle opening). Gears will then be shifted to the optimum position.