P0758 CHEVROLET - 2-3 Shift Solenoid Circuit Electrical
- Low transmission fluid level
- Dirty transmission fluid
- Faulty 2-3 Shift Solenoid Valve
- 2-3 Shift Solenoid Valve harness or connectors
- 2-3 Shift Solenoid Valve circuit is open or shorted
Chevrolet Factory Service Bulletin OBDII Code P0758
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Transmission will not shift gears
P0758 Chevrolet Description
The 2-3 Shift Solenoid (SS) valve controls the fluid flow acting on the 2-3 shift valves. The 2-3 SS valve is a normally-open exhaust valve that is used with the 1-2 SS valve in order to allow four different shifting combinations. The solenoid attaches to the control valve body within the transmission. The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) controls the solenoid by providing the ground path.