P0755 - Shift Solenoid 'B' Malfunction
P0755 Possible Causes
- Low transmission fluid level
- Dirty transmission fluid
- Faulty shift solenoid 'B' valve
- Shift solenoid 'B' valve harness is open or shorted
- Shift solenoid 'B' valve circuit poor electrical connection
How is the P0755 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P0755 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P0755 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
When is the code detected?The P0755 code is detected when TCM detects an improper voltage drop when it tries to operate the solenoid valve.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Transmission will not shift gears.
P0755 MeaningShift solenoid valve B is turned ON or OFF by the Transmission Control Module (TCM) in response to signals sent from the park/neutral position (PNP) switch, vehicle speed and Engine Control Module (ECM) (throttle opening). Gears will then be shifted to the optimum position.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0755 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P0755 BMW Shift Solenoid 'B' Malfunction
- P0755 CHRYSLER 2/4 Solenoid Circuit
- P0755 DODGE 2/4 Solenoid Circuit
- P0755 FORD Shift Solenoid 2 Circuit Malfunction
- P0755 HYUNDAI Shift Control Solenoid Valve 'B'
- P0755 INFINITI Shift Control Solenoid 'B' Malfunction
- P0755 JEEP 2/4 Solenoid Circuit
- P0755 KIA Underdrive Solenoid Valve System
- P0755 LEXUS Shift Solenoid 'B' Malfunction
- P0755 MAZDA Shift Solenoid 2 Circuit failure
- P0755 MERCEDES-BENZ Shift Solenoid 'B' Malfunction
- P0755 MINI Shift Solenoid 'B' Malfunction
- P0755 MITSUBISHI Shift Solenoid 'B' Malfunction
- P0755 NISSAN Shift Control Solenoid 'B' Malfunction
- P0755 RAM 2/4 Solenoid Circuit
- P0755 TOYOTA Shift Solenoid 'B' Malfunction