P0753 CHEVROLET - 1-2 Shift Solenoid Circuit Electrical
- Low transmission fluid level
- Dirty transmission fluid
- Faulty 1-2 Shift Solenoid valve
- 1-2 Shift Solenoid valve harness or connectors
- 1-2 Shift Solenoid valve circuit is open or shorted
Chevrolet Factory Service Bulletin OBDII Code P0753
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Transmission will not shift gears
P0753 Chevrolet Description
The 1-2 Shift Solenoid (SS) valve controls the fluid flow acting on the 1-2 and 3-4 shift valves. The 1-2 SS valve is a normally-open exhaust valve that is used with the 2-3 SS valve in order to allow four different shifting combinations. The solenoid attaches to the control valve body within the transmission.