P0741 CHEVROLET - Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Performance or Stuck Off
- Low transmission fluid level
- Dirty transmission fluid
- Faulty torque converter clutch solenoid valve
- Torque converter clutch solenoid valve harness or connectors
- Torque converter clutch solenoid valve circuit is open or shorted
- Transmission internal mechanical problem
2001 Chevrolet Lumina
2001-2005 Chevrolet Venture, Venture EXT, Venture 4WD
2001-2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
2001-2008 Chevrolet Impala, Lumina (Export Only)
2005-2008 Chevrolet Uplander, Uplander EXT, Uplander 4WD
Chevrolet Factory Service Bulletin P0741 OBDII Code
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0741 Chevrolet Description
The torque converter clutch solenoid valve is activated, with the gear in D4, by the Transmission Control Module (TCM) in response to signals sent from the vehicle speed and the Engine Control Module (ECM). Lock-up piston operation will then be controlled. When the torque converter clutch solenoid valve is activated, the torque converter lockup clutch will engage creating a 1 to 1 RPM ratio between the transmission input shaft and the rotational speed of the torque converter.
Lock-up operation, however, is prohibited when A/T fluid temperature is too low.
When the accelerator pedal is depressed (less than 2/8) in lock-up condition, the engine speed should not change abruptly. If there is a big jump in engine speed, there is no lock-up.