P0734 Code - Gear 4 Incorrect ratio
|P0734 code possible causes
- Low transmission fluid level
- Dirty transmission fluid
- Shift solenoids
- Transmission mechanical problems
- Transmission hydraulic control circuit
|How is the P0734 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|P0734 code tech notesStart by inspecting the transmission fluid level and condition, and change fluid if necessary.
|What is the cost to diagnose the P0734 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P0734 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|When is the P0734 code detected?P0734 is detected when A/T cannot be shifted to the 4th gear position even if electrical circuit is good.
|What are P0734 code possible symptoms?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Incorrect transmission shifting
|What is P0734 code meaning?This diagnosis monitors actual gear position by checking the torque converter slip ratio calculated by Transmission Control Module (TCM) as follows:
Torque converter slip ratio = A x C/B
A: Output shaft revolution signal from revolution sensor
B: Engine speed signal from Engine Control Module (ECM)
C: Gear ratio determined as gear position which TCM supposes
If the actual gear position is higher than the position (4th) supposed by TCM, the slip ratio will be more than normal. In case the ratio exceeds the specified value, TCM judges this diagnosis malfunction.
|Need more information with the P0734 code?Need more information on how to fix the P0734 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|P0734 code information for specific makes
- P0734 ACURA Problem In 4th Clutch And 4th Clutch Hydraulic Circuit
- P0734 AUDI Gear 4 Incorrect Ratio
- P0734 BMW Gear 4 Incorrect ratio
- P0734 CHRYSLER Gear Ratio Error In Fourth Gear
- P0734 DODGE Gear Ratio Error In Fourth Gear
- P0734 FORD Incorrect Fourth Gear Ratio
- P0734 HONDA Problem In 4th Clutch And 4th Clutch Hydraulic Circuit
- P0734 HYUNDAI Fourth Gear Incorrect Ratio
- P0734 INFINITI 4th. Gear Malfunction
- P0734 JEEP Gear Ratio Error In Fourth Gear
- P0734 KIA Fourth Gear Incorrect Ratio
- P0734 LAND-ROVER Gear 4 Incorrect Ratio
- P0734 LEXUS Gear 4 Incorrect Ratio
- P0734 MAZDA Fourth Gear Error
- P0734 MERCEDES-BENZ Gear 4 Incorrect ratio
- P0734 MINI Gear 4 Incorrect ratio
- P0734 MITSUBISHI Gear 4 Incorrect Ratio
- P0734 NISSAN 4th. Gear Malfunction
- P0734 SATURN Gear 4 Incorrect Ratio
- P0734 SUBARU Gear 4 Incorrect Ratio
- P0734 SUZUKI Gear 4 Incorrect Ratio
- P0734 TOYOTA Gear 4 Incorrect Ratio
- P0734 VOLKSWAGEN Gear 4 Incorrect Ratio