P0732 Code - Gear 2 Incorrect ratio
|P0732 code possible causes
- Low transmission fluid level
- Dirty transmission fluid
- Faulty Shift Solenoids
- Shift Solenoids harness is open or shorted
- Shift Solenoids circuit poot electrical connection
- Transmission mechanical problems
- Transmission hydraulic control circuit
|How is the P0732 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|P0732 code tech notesStart by inspecting the transmission fluid level and condition, and change fluid if necessary.
User Submitted Video
|What is the cost to diagnose the P0732 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P0732 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|When is the P0732 code detected?P0732 is detected when A/T cannot be shifted to the 2nd gear position even if electrical circuit is good.
|What are P0732 code possible symptoms?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Incorrect transmission shifting
|What is P0732 code meaning?This diagnosis monitors actual gear position by checking the torque converter slip ratio calculated by Transmission Control Module (TCM) as follows:
Torque converter slip ratio = A x C/B
A: Output shaft revolution signal from the revolution sensor
B: Engine speed signal from Engine Control Module (ECM)
C: Gear ratio determined as gear position which TCM supposes
If the actual gear position is higher than the position (2nd) supposed by TCM, the slip ratio will be more than normal. In case the ratio exceeds the specified value, TCM judges this diagnosis malfunction.
|Need more information with the P0732 code?Need more information on how to fix the P0732 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|P0732 code information for specific makes
- P0732 ACURA Problem In 2nd Clutch And 2nd Clutch Hydraulic Circuit
- P0732 AUDI Gear 2 Incorrect Ratio
- P0732 BMW Gear 2 Incorrect ratio
- P0732 CHRYSLER Gear Ratio Error In Second Gear
- P0732 DODGE Gear Ratio Error In Second Gear
- P0732 FORD Incorrect Second Gear Ratio ▶
- P0732 HONDA Problem In 2nd Clutch And 2nd Clutch Hydraulic Circuit
- P0732 HYUNDAI Second Gear Incorrect Ratio
- P0732 INFINITI 2nd. Gear Malfunction
- P0732 JEEP Gear Ratio Error In Second Gear ▶
- P0732 KIA Second Gear Incorrect Ratio
- P0732 LAND-ROVER Gear 2 Incorrect Ratio
- P0732 LEXUS Gear 2 Incorrect Ratio
- P0732 MAZDA Second Gear Error
- P0732 MERCEDES-BENZ Gear 2 Incorrect ratio
- P0732 MINI Gear 2 Incorrect ratio
- P0732 MITSUBISHI Gear 2 Incorrect Ratio
- P0732 NISSAN 2nd. Gear Malfunction
- P0732 SATURN Gear 2 Incorrect Ratio
- P0732 SUBARU Gear 2 Incorrect Ratio
- P0732 SUZUKI Gear 2 Incorrect Ratio
- P0732 TOYOTA Gear 2 Incorrect Ratio
- P0732 VOLKSWAGEN Gear 2 Incorrect Ratio