P0722 NISSAN - Vehicle Speed Sensor Circuit Fault
- Faulty Revolution Sensor
- Revolution Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Revolution Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Damaged EC
- Damaged Transmission Control Module (TCM)
On most Nissan vehicles, the vehicle speed sensor is called Revolution Sensor
When is the code detected?
The output shaft speed sensor failed to provide a signal to the TCM upon initial movement of vehicle.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Speedometer improper reading
- Possible shifting problems
P0722 Nissan Description
The speed sensor (revolution sensor) detects the revolution of the idler gear parking pawl lock gear and emits a pulse signal. The pulse signal is sent to the Transmission Control Module (TCM) which converts it into vehicle speed.