P0722 HYUNDAI - Transmission Pulse Generator B
- Faulty Speed Sensor
- Speed Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Speed Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
When is the code detected?
The Pulse Generator B failed to provide a signal to the TCM upon initial movement of vehicle.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Speedometer improper reading
- Possible shifting problems
P0722 Hyundai Description
The Pulse Generator detects the revolution of the idler gear parking pawl lock gear and emits a pulse signal. The pulse signal is sent to the Transmission Control Module (TCM) which converts it into vehicle speed.