P0711 HYUNDAI - Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor Range Performance
- Faulty Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor
- Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Possible shifting problems
P0711 Hyundai Description
The Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) temperature sensor is installed in the Valve Body. This sensor uses a thermistor whose resistance changes according to the temperature changes. The Transmission Control Module (TCM) supplies a 5V reference voltage to the sensor, and the output voltage of the sensor changes when the ATF temperature varies. The Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) temperature provides very important data for the TCM’s control of the Torque Converter Clutch, and is also used for many other purposes.