P0705 LAND-ROVER - Transmission Range Sensor Circuit Malfunction
P0705 Land-rover Possible Causes
- Faulty Gear Position Switch
- Misadjusted Gear Position Switch
- Gear Position Switch harness is open or shorted
- Gear Position Switch circuit poor electrical connection
Cost of diagnosing the P0705 Land-rover code
The cost of diagnosing the P0705 Land-rover code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the code detected?
The transmission Gear Position Switch detects the selector lever position and sends a signal to the TCM.
P0705 Land-rover Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0705 Land-rover Meaning
The Gear Position Switch includes a transmission range switch. The transmission range switch detects the selector lever position when the shift lever is in the N or P shift position and sends a signal to the Transmission Control Module (TCM).