P0705 CHEVROLET - Transmission Range Sensor Circuit Malfunction
- Faulty Park/Neutral Position Switch
- Misadjusted Park/Neutral Position Switch
- Park/Neutral Position Switch harness is open or shorted
- Park/Neutral Position Switch circuit poor electrical connection
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0705 Chevrolet Description
The Transaxle on this vehicle has a Park Neutral Position (PNP) and Back-up switch. This switch incorporates a transaxle range selector switch. There are 4 inputs (PRND A, B, C, P) which are switches to ground. The four switches have an unique switch pattern. The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) uses the combination of the switch patterns in order to determine the gear selected by the driver.
This diagnostic monitors the 4 inputs in order to determine what gearposition the transmission is in. When the PCM detects that an illegal range has occurred, this DTC sets.