P0704 CHEVROLET - Clutch Pedal Position Switch Circuit
- Faulty Clutch Switch
- Misadjusted Clutch Switch
- Clutch Switch harness is open or shorted
- Clutch Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
Check clutch switch adjustment, the switch should open and close when the clutch pedal is depress. If the switch is properly adjusted, replaced the clutch switch to resolve problem.
When is the code detected?
ECM did not detect any movement in the clutch pedal position switch
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0704 Chevrolet Description
When the clutch pedal is depress the voltage signal from the clutch switch to the Engine Control Module (ECM) is low. If the ECM does not see this change from high to low when the vehicle is over 0 mph, the ECM sets code P0704.