P0550 TOYOTA - Power Steering Pressure Sensor Circuit Malfunction
- Faulty Power Steering Pressure Sensor
- Power Steering Pressure Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Power Steering Pressure Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Power steering inoperative
P0550 Toyota Description
Power steering pressure (PSP) sensor is installed to the power steering high-pressure tube and detects a power steering load. This sensor is a potentiometer which transforms the power steering load into output voltage, and emits the voltage signal to the Engine Control Module (ECM). The ECM controls the electric throttle control actuator and adjusts the throttle valve opening angle to increase the engine speed and adjusts the idle speed for the increased load.