P0530 CHEVROLET - Air Conditioning Refrigerant Pressure Sensor Circuit
- A/C system low or over charged with refrigerant
- Faulty A/C Refrigerant Pressure Sensor
- Cooling fans in-operative
- A/C Refrigerant Pressure Sensor harness is open or shorted
- A/C Refrigerant Pressure Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
2001-2003 Chevrolet Venture
Chevrolet Factory Service Bulletin OBDII Code P0530
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- A/C Inoperative
- A/C Blows Warm
P0530 Chevrolet Description
The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) monitors the high side refrigerant pressure via a A/C refrigerant pressure sensor. When the pressure is high the signal voltage is high. When the pressure is low the signal voltage is low. When pressure is high the PCM commands the cooling fans on. When pressure is too high or too low the PCM will not allow the A/C compressor clutch to engage.