P0521 CHEVROLET - Engine Oil Pressure Sensor/Switch Circuit Range/Performance
P0521 CHEVROLET Possible Causes
- Low oil level or motor mechanical fault
- Faulty oil pressure sensor
- Oil Pressure Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Oil Pressure Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
P0521 CHEVROLET Tech NotesThere is a factory service bulletin for the following Chevrolet models:
2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS
2007-2010 Chevrolet Avalanche
2007-2010 Chevrolet Silverado
2007-2010 Chevrolet Suburban
2007-2010 Chevrolet Tahoe
2007-2009 Chevrolet Impala
2005-2009 Chevrolet Trailblazer
2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Chevrolet Factory Service Bulletin OBDII Code P0521
Cost of diagnosing the P0521 CHEVROLET code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0521 CHEVROLET code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the P0521 CHEVROLET code detected?The P0521 is detected when the signal sent from oil pressure sensor to PCM goes out of range.
P0521 CHEVROLET Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Oil pressure warning light ON.