P0505 JEEP Possible Causes
- Faulty Idle Control System motor
- Idle Control System motor harness is open or shorted
- Idle Control System motor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Powertrain or Engine Control Module
- Vaccum leaks or damaged hoses or improper routing
How do I fix code P0505 JEEP
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P0505 JEEP code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0505 JEEP code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P0505 JEEP Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Engine hard to start
- Rough or erratic idle speed
P0505 JEEP MeaningThe throttle body has an air control passage that provides air for the engine at idle (the throttle plate is closed). The IAC motor pintle protrudes into the air control passage Throttle Body Air Control Passage and regulates air flow through it. Based on various sensor inputs, the powertrain control module (PCM) adjusts engine idle speed by moving the IAC motor pintle in and out of the air control passage. The IAC motor is positioned when the ignition key is turned to the On position.
P0505 JEEP More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0505 JEEP code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals