P0505 2007 FORD FREESTYLE - Idle Control System Malfunction
P0505 2007 Ford Freestyle Possible Causes
- Vacuum leaks
- Faulty Idle Air Control Valve
- Idle Air Control Valve harness is open or shorted
- Damaged electronic throttle body
- Idle Air Control Valve circuit poor electrical connection
- Damaged PCM
P0505 2007 Ford Freestyle Tech Notes
The Idle Air Control Valve is part of the throttle body assembly.
When is the code detected?
The P0505 code is set when the IACV-AAC valve does not operate properly.
P0505 2007 Ford Freestyle Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Engine hard to start
- Rough or erratic idle speed
P0505 2007 Ford Freestyle Meaning
The powertrain control module (PCM
) attempts to control engine speed during the key on, engine running (KOER) self-test. The test fails when the desired RPM could not be reached or controlled during the self-test.