P0503 2008 FORD FUSION - Vehicle Speed Sensor 'A' Intermittent
P0503 2008 Ford Fusion Possible Causes
- Faulty Vehicle Speed Sensor
- Vehicle speed sensor harness or connectors is open or shorted
- Vehicle speed sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
When is the code detected?
The signal sent by the vehicle speed sensor to ECM is too high or intermittent.
P0503 2008 Ford Fusion Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Speedometer may not work properly
- Transmission shifting problem
P0503 2008 Ford Fusion Meaning
Indicates poor or noisy VSS performance. Vehicle speed data is received from either the VSS, the transfer case speed sensor (TCSS), or the anti lock brake system (ABS) control module.