P0500 2012 NISSAN ROGUE Possible Causes
- Faulty Vehicle Speed Sensor
- Faulty Wheel Speed Sensor
- Vehicle speed sensor harness or connectors is open or shorted
- Vehicle speed sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Wheel speed sensor harness or connectors is open or shorted
- Wheel speed sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) Control Unit
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
First diagnose P0500 2012 NISSAN ROGUE code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
P0500 2012 NISSAN ROGUE Tech NotesBefore replacing any parts try cleaning all the Wheel and Transmission Speed Sensors and sensor's gear, and clear the code. If the light comes back you may have to replace the sensor.
Cost of diagnosing the P0500 2012 NISSAN ROGUE code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0500 2012 NISSAN ROGUE code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the P0500 2012 NISSAN ROGUE code detected?The almost 0 km/h (0 MPH) signal from vehicle speed sensor is sent to ECM even when vehicle is being driven.
P0500 2012 NISSAN ROGUE Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Speedometer may not work properly
- Transmission shifting problem
P0500 2012 NISSAN ROGUE MeaningThe Engine Control Module (ECM) receives vehicle speed signals from two different paths via CAN communication line: One is from the Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) Actuator and Electric Unit (Control Unit) via the combination unit and the other is from Transmission Control Module (TCM).
P0500 2012 NISSAN ROGUE More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0500 2012 NISSAN ROGUE code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals