P0500 2012 NISSAN ROGUE - Vehicle Speed Sensor
- Faulty Vehicle Speed Sensor
- Faulty Wheel Speed Sensor
- Vehicle speed sensor harness or connectors is open or shorted
- Vehicle speed sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Wheel speed sensor harness or connectors is open or shorted
- Wheel speed sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) Control Unit
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
Before replacing any parts try cleaning all the Wheel and Transmission Speed Sensors and sensor's gear, and clear the code. If the light comes back you may have to replace the sensor.
When is the code detected?
The almost 0 km/h (0 MPH) signal from vehicle speed sensor is sent to ECM even when vehicle is being driven.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Speedometer may not work properly
- Transmission shifting problem
P0500 2012 Nissan Rogue Description
The Engine Control Module (ECM
) receives vehicle speed signals from two different paths via CAN communication line: One is from the Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) Actuator and Electric Unit (Control Unit) via the combination unit and the other is from Transmission Control Module (TCM).