P0500 2008 FORD FUSION - Vehicle Speed Sensor 'A'
- Damaged wheel speed sensors
- Faulty Vehicle Speed Sensor
- Vehicle speed sensor harness or connectors is open or shorted
- Vehicle speed sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
Check for visible damage to the wheel speed sensors first.
When is the code detected?
The almost 0 km/h (0 MPH) signal from vehicle speed sensor is sent to Engine Control Module (ECM) even when vehicle is being driven.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Speedometer may not work properly
- Transmission shifting problem
P0500 2008 Ford Fusion Description
Indicates the powertrain control module (PCM
) detected an error in the vehicle speed information. Vehicle speed data is received from either the VSS, the transfer case speed sensor (TCSS) or the anti-lock brake system (ABS) control module. If the engine RPM is above the torque converter stall speed (automatic transmission) and the engine load is high, it can be inferred that the vehicle must be moving. If there is insufficient vehicle speed data input, a concern is indicated and a DTC is set. On most vehicle applications the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) is illuminated when this DTC is set.