P0482 2007 FORD FREESTYLE - Cooling Fan 3 Control Circuit Malfunction
P0482 2007 Ford Freestyle Possible Causes
- Faulty fan control relay
- Faulty cooling fan 3
- Fan control relay harness is open or shorted
- Fan control relay circuit poor electrical connection
- Fan cooling fan harness is open or shorted
- Fan cooling fan circuit poor electrical connection
When is the code detected?The P0482 code is detected when the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) detects that the commanded state of the driver and the actual state of the control circuit do not match.
P0482 2007 Ford Freestyle Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Engine overheating
P0482 2007 Ford Freestyle MeaningMonitors the Medium Fan Control (MFC) primary circuit output from the powertrain control module (PCM). The test fails, when the MFC output is commanded on (grounded) and excessive current draw is detected on the MFC circuit; or when the MFC circuit is commanded off and voltage is not detected on the MFC circuit (the PCM expects to detect IGN START/RUN voltage through the medium speed FC relay coil to the MFC circuit).