P0481 2008 FORD FUSION - Cooling Fan 2 Control Circuit
P0481 2008 Ford Fusion Possible Causes
- Faulty fan control relay
- Faulty cooling fan 2
- Fan control relay harness is open or shorted
- Fan control relay circuit poor electrical connection
- Fan cooling fan harness is open or shorted
- Fan cooling fan circuit poor electrical connection
When is the code detected?
The P0481 code is detected when the Engine Control Module (ECM) detects that the commanded state of the driver and the actual state of the control circuit do not match.
P0481 2008 Ford Fusion Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Engine overheating
P0481 2008 Ford Fusion Meaning
Monitors the High Fan Control (HFC) primary circuit output from the powertrain control module (PCM
). The test fails, when the HFC output is commanded on (grounded) and excessive current draw is detected on the HFC circuit; or when the HFC circuit is commanded off and voltage is not detected on the HFC circuit (the PCM
expects to detect VPWR voltage through the high speed FC relay coil to the HFC circuit).