P0461 2008 FORD FUSION - Fuel Level Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance
P0461 2008 Ford Fusion Possible Causes
- Excessive electrical noise
- Faulty fuel level sensor
- Fuel level sensor harness is open or shorted
- Fuel level sensor circuit poor electrical connection
When is the code detected?The output signal of the fuel level sensor does not change within the specified range even though the vehicle has been driven a long distance.
P0461 2008 Ford Fusion Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Incorrect fuel level reading
P0461 2008 Ford Fusion MeaningThe powertrain control module (PCM) monitors the fuel level input (FLI) communications network message for a concern. The test fails when the FLI signal repeatedly moves in and out of range, exceeding the minimum or maximum allowable calibrated parameters for a specified fuel fill percentage in the fuel tank.