P0457 2003 FORD F150 - EVAP Control System Leak Detected Fuel Filler Cap Loose/Off
P0457 2003 Ford F150 Possible Causes
- Missing fuel filler cap
- Incorrect fuel filler cap used
- Fuel filler cap remains open or fails to close
- Foreign matter caught in fuel filler cap
P0457 2003 Ford F150 Tech NotesIt is a very common problem with Ford vehicles. There are service bulletins for the following vehciles:
1997-2003 Ford F-150
Ford Factory Service Bulletin OBDII Code P0457
Check for missing fuel filler cap or integrity of the cap.
Cost of diagnosing the P0457 2003 Ford F150 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0457 2003 Ford F150 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the code detected?EVAP control system has a very large leak such as fuel filler cap fell off, EVAP control system does not operate properly.
P0457 2003 Ford F150 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Possible a noticeable fuel odor caused by the release of fuel vapors