P0456 2008 FORD FUSION Code - EVAP System Leak Detected Gross Leak/No Flow
|P0456 2008 FORD FUSION code possible causes
- Missing or loose fuel cap
- Incorrect fuel filler cap used
- Fuel filler cap remains open or fails to close
- Foreign matter caught in fuel filler cap
- Evaporative Emission (EVAP) canister or fuel tank leaks
- Evaporative Emission (EVAP) system hose leaking
- Fuel tank leaking
|How is the P0456 2008 FORD FUSION code repair?
Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|What is the cost to diagnose the P0456 2008 FORD FUSION code
The cost to diagnose the P0456 2008 FORD FUSION code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|When is the P0456 2008 FORD FUSION code detected?
Evaporative Emission (EVAP) control system has a very large leak such as fuel filler cap fell off, EVAP control system does not operate properly.
|What are P0456 2008 FORD FUSION code possible symptoms?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Possible a noticeable fuel odor caused by the release of fuel vapors
|What is P0456 2008 FORD FUSION code meaning?
The powertrain control module (PCM
) monitors the complete evaporative emission (EVAP
) control system for the presence of a very small fuel vapor leak. The system failure occurs when a fuel vapor leak from an opening as small as 0.508 mm (0.020 inch) is detected by the EVAP
running loss monitor test.