P0456 2008 FORD FUSION - EVAP System Leak Detected Gross Leak/No Flow
- Missing or loose fuel cap
- Incorrect fuel filler cap used
- Fuel filler cap remains open or fails to close
- Foreign matter caught in fuel filler cap
- Evaporative Emission (EVAP) canister or fuel tank leaks
- Evaporative Emission (EVAP) system hose leaking
- Fuel tank leaking
When is the code detected?
Evaporative Emission (EVAP) control system has a very large leak such as fuel filler cap fell off, EVAP control system does not operate properly.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Possible a noticeable fuel odor caused by the release of fuel vapors
P0456 2008 Ford Fusion Description
The powertrain control module (PCM
) monitors the complete evaporative emission (EVAP
) control system for the presence of a very small fuel vapor leak. The system failure occurs when a fuel vapor leak from an opening as small as 0.508 mm (0.020 inch) is detected by the EVAP
running loss monitor test.