P0455 2008 FORD FUSION - Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected Gross Leak
- Missing or loose fuel cap
- Incorrect fuel filler cap used
- Fuel filler cap remains open or fails to close
- Foreign matter caught in fuel filler cap
- EVAP canister or fuel tank leaks
- EVAP system hose leaking
- Fuel tank leaking
Tech notesThe P0455 it’s a very common code, because the code is set if the gas cap is loose or missing. Start by tighten the gas cap and clearing the code. In most cases the code can be clear by disconnecting the car battery for about 30 minutes.
When is the code detected?EVAP control system has a very large leak such as fuel filler cap fell off, EVAP control system does not operate properly.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Possible a noticeable fuel odor caused by the release of fuel vapors
P0455 2008 Ford Fusion DescriptionThe powertrain control module (PCM) monitors the complete evaporative emission (EVAP) control system for no purge flow, the presence of a large fuel vapor leak, or multiple small fuel vapor leaks. System failure occurs when no purge flow, which is attributed to fuel vapor blockages or restrictions, a large fuel vapor leak, or multiple fuel vapor leaks are detected by the EVAP running loss monitor test with the engine running, but not at idle.