P0453 2008 FORD FUSION - EVAP Pressure Sensor/Switch High
P0453 2008 Ford Fusion Possible Causes
- Faulty Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor
- Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor Harness is Open or Shorted
- Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor Circuit Poor Electrical Connection
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
When is the code detected?An excessively high voltage from the sensor is sent to Engine Control Module (ECM).
P0453 2008 Ford Fusion Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0453 2008 Ford Fusion MeaningThe powertrain control module (PCM) monitors the evaporative emission (EVAP) control system fuel tank pressure (FTP) sensor input signal to the PCM. The test fails when the signal average jumps above a minimum allowable calibrated parameter.