P0449 2006 GMC SIERRA - Evaporative Emission Vent Valve Solenoid Malfunction
- Vacuum leaks, damaged hoses or improper routing
- EVAP system
- Check fuel cap, canister, valves or components
- Faulty purge or vent solenoids
- Check connector and wiring
- Fuel saturated vapor canister
- Failed EVAP vent solenoid
When is the code detected?
The Engine Control Module (ECM) has determined that a malfunction exists in the electrical circuit for the vent valve/solenoid in the evaporative emission control system.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0449 2006 Gmc Sierra Description
The Engine Control Module (ECM) monitors the Evaporative Emission System (EVAP) Vent Valve/Solenoid system wiring for opens or shorts. The ECM sets the OBDII code when EVAP Vent Valve/Solenoid is not to factory specifications.