P0443 FORD - EVAP Purge Control Circuit
- Faulty Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Purge Solenoid Control
- Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Purge Solenoid Control harness is open or shorted
- Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Purge Solenoid Control circuit poor electrical connection
When is the code detected?
- An improper voltage signal is sent to ECM through the valve.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0443 Ford Description
The Evaporative Emission System (EVAP
) canister purge volume control solenoid valve uses a ON/OFF duty to control the flow rate of fuel vapor from the EVAP
canister. The EVAP
canister purge volume control solenoid valve is moved by ON/OFF pulses from the ECM
. The longer the ON pulse, the greater the amount of fuel vapor that will flow through the valve.
P0443 Ford Information for specific Ford models