P0441 2006 NISSAN MAXIMA - Evaporative Control System Incorrect Purge Flow
P0441 2006 NISSAN MAXIMA Possible Causes
- EVAP canister purge volume control solenoid valve stuck closed
- EVAP control system pressure sensor and the circuit
- Loose, disconnected or improper connection of rubber tube
- Blocked rubber tube
- Cracked EVAP canister
- EVAP canister purge volume control solenoid valve circuit
- Accelerator pedal position sensor
- Blocked purge port
- EVAP canister vent control valve
How is the P0441 2006 NISSAN MAXIMA code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P0441 2006 NISSAN MAXIMA code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P0441 2006 NISSAN MAXIMA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
When is the code detected?EVAP control system does not operate properly, EVAP control system has a leak between intake manifold and EVAP control system pressure sensor.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Possible a noticeable fuel odor caused by the release of fuel vapors
P0441 2006 NISSAN MAXIMA MeaningThe Engine Control Module (ECM) tests the Evaporative Emission (EVAP) system for the following conditions:
- Large and small leaks
- Excess vacuum
- Purge flow during non-commanded conditions
- Fuel Level and Fuel Pressure sensor faults
- EVAP Purge and Vent Valve faults
The ECM monitors the Fuel Tank Pressure sensor in order to determine the level of vacuum/pressure in the EVAP system. The ECM commands both the EVAP Purge Solenoid and the EVAP Vent Valve ON when the conditions are met in order to apply an engine vacuum to the EVAP system. The ECM commands the EVAP Purge Solenoid OFF once the system has reached a predetermined level of vacuum. This test verifies if a vacuum can be achieved in the EVAP system. Failure to develop a vacuum may be caused by a large leak or a restriction.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0441 2006 NISSAN MAXIMA code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals