P0441 2004 NISSAN SENTRA - Evaporative Control System Incorrect Purge Flow
P0441 2004 Nissan Sentra Possible Causes
- EVAP canister purge volume control solenoid valve stuck closed
- EVAP control system pressure sensor and the circuit
- Loose, disconnected or improper connection of rubber tube
- Blocked rubber tube
- Cracked EVAP canister
- EVAP canister purge volume control solenoid valve circuit
- Accelerator pedal position sensor
- Blocked purge port
- EVAP canister vent control valve
P0441 2004 Nissan Sentra Tech NotesThe P0441 code means that the control module has detected a leak in the Evaporative Emission (EVAP). Loose fuel tank filler cap is the most common cause that triggers the P0441 code.
When is the code detected?EVAP control system does not operate properly, EVAP control system has a leak between intake manifold and EVAP control system pressure sensor.
P0441 2004 Nissan Sentra Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Possible a noticeable fuel odor caused by the release of fuel vapors
P0441 2004 Nissan Sentra MeaningThe Engine Control Module (ECM) tests the Evaporative Emission (EVAP) system for the following conditions:
- Large and small leaks
- Excess vacuum
- Purge flow during non-commanded conditions
- Fuel Level and Fuel Pressure sensor faults
- EVAP Purge and Vent Valve faults
The ECM monitors the Fuel Tank Pressure sensor in order to determine the level of vacuum/pressure in the EVAP system. The ECM commands both the EVAP Purge Solenoid and the EVAP Vent Valve ON when the conditions are met in order to apply an engine vacuum to the EVAP system. The ECM commands the EVAP Purge Solenoid OFF once the system has reached a predetermined level of vacuum. This test verifies if a vacuum can be achieved in the EVAP system. Failure to develop a vacuum may be caused by a large leak or a restriction.