P0351 2005 TOYOTA PRIUS - Ignition Coil 1 Primary/Secondary Circuit
P0351 2005 Toyota Prius Possible Causes
- Faulty Ignition Coil 1
- Ignition Coil 1 harness is open or shorted
- Ignition Coil 1 circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
P0351 2005 Toyota Prius Tech Notes
Ignition Coil "A" refers to coil #1
When is the code detected?
Each ignition circuit is continuously monitored by the Engine Control Module (ECM). The test fails when the ECM does not receive a valid pulse signal from the ignition coil.
P0351 2005 Toyota Prius Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Lack/Loss of Power
- Engine may be harder to start
- Engine hesitation
- Rough engine idle
P0351 2005 Toyota Prius Meaning
The ignition system on the vehicle uses individual ignition coils for each cylinder. The Engine Control Module (ECM
) controls each ignition coil operation. The ECM
sends a ON/OFF signal to energize the ignition coil to create a spark at the spark plug when a spark is required at the cylinder.