P0335 2005 TOYOTA PRIUS - Crankshaft Position Sensor 'A' Circuit
P0335 2005 Toyota Prius Possible Causes
- Faulty crankshaft position sensor
- Crankshaft position sensor harness is open or shorted
- Crankshaft position sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Signal plate may be damage
- Starter motor may be faulty
- Starting system circuit
- Dead or weak battery
P0335 2005 Toyota Prius Tech NotesSometimes and in some models, low battery voltage or a weak starter can trigger a Crankshaft Position Sensor code. Before replacing any parts, recharge or replaced battery.
When is the code detected?The crankshaft position sensor (POS) signal is not detected by the Electronic Control Module (ECM) during the first few seconds of engine cranking
P0335 2005 Toyota Prius Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Possible lack/loss of Power
- Engine may stall while driving
P0335 2005 Toyota Prius MeaningThe Crankshaft Position Sensor (CKP) also known as the crank position sensor is an electronic device used in an engine to record the rate at which the crankshaft is spinning. This information is used by the Electronic Control Module(ECM) to control ignition and fuel injection. The sensor system consists of a rotating part, typically a disc, as well as a static part, the actual sensor.
When the engine is running, the high and low parts of the teeth cause the gap with the sensor to change. The changing gap causes the magnetic field near the sensor to change. The change in the magnetic field cause the voltage from the sensor to change.