P0328 2005 TOYOTA PRIUS - Knock Sensor 1 Circuit High Input
P0328 2005 Toyota Prius Possible Causes
- Faulty knock sensor
- Knock sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Knock sensor harness is open or shorted
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
P0328 2005 Toyota Prius Tech Notes
The P0328 code means that the Knock Sensor is not working properly. Problems with the knock sensor will not cause an engine performance problems. Replacing the knock sensor usually takes care of the problem.
When is the code detected?
An excessively high voltage from the sensor is sent to Electronic Control Module (ECM)
P0328 2005 Toyota Prius Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Possible Lack/Loss of Power
P0328 2005 Toyota Prius Meaning
The knock sensor
is attached to the cylinder block. It senses engine knocking using a piezoelectric element. A knocking vibration from the cylinder block is sensed as vibrational pressure. This pressure is converted into a voltage signal and sent to the Engine Control Module (ECM