P0325 CHEVROLET - Knock Sensor Circuit Malfunction
- Faulty knock sensor
- Knock sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Knock sensor harness is open or shorted
- Faulty Powertrain Control System (PCM)
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Possible Lack/Loss of Power
P0325 Chevrolet Description
The Knock Sensor (KS) senses engine knocking (also known as detonation or pinging) using a piezoelectric element. The sensor is attached to the cylinder block, cylinder head or intake manifold. A knocking vibration from the cylinder block is sensed as vibrational pressure. This pressure is converted into a voltage signal and sent to the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). The PCM uses this signal to retard the ignition timing and protect the engine from this damaging pre-ignition.