P0320 2009 FORD FUSION - Ignition/Distributor Engine Speed Input Circuit Malfunction
P0320 2009 FORD FUSION Possible Causes
- Faulty Ignition/Distributor engine speed sensor
- Faulty Crankshaft Position sensor
- Ignition/Distributor engine speed sensor harness is open or shorted
- Ignition/Distributor engine speed sensor circuit poor electrical connection (Loose wires/connectors)
- Low battery charge
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
How is the P0320 2009 FORD FUSION code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P0320 2009 FORD FUSION code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P0320 2009 FORD FUSION code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
When is the code detected?The P0320 code is triggered when the Engine Control Module (ECM) detects that there is no current at the ignition coil group
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Lack/Loss of Power
- The engine may be harder to start
- The engine may stumble or stall
P0320 2009 FORD FUSION MeaningThe ignition engine speed sensor input signal to powertrain control module (PCM) is continuously monitored. The test fails when the signal indicates two successive erratic profile ignition pickup (PIP) pulses occurred.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0320 2009 FORD FUSION code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals