P0301 2005 NISSAN SENTRA - Number 1 Cylinder Misfire Detected
P0301 2005 NISSAN SENTRA Possible Causes
- Faulty spark plug 1
- Clogged or faulty fuel injector 1
- Faulty ignition coil 1
- Fuel injector 1 harness is open or shorted
- Fuel injector 1 circuit poor electrical connection
- Ignition coil 1 harness is open or shorted
- Ignition coil 1 circuit poor electrical connection
- Insufficient cylinder 1 compression
- Incorrect fuel pressure
- Intake air leak
P0301 2005 NISSAN SENTRA Tech Notes
The P0301 code means that the cylinder 1 is misfiring or is randomly misfiring. Start by checking for intake leaks and if no leaks are found the next step is to replace the spark plugs on cylinder 1. If the problem persists more tests needs to be done to diagnose problem, see "Possible Causes"
Cost of diagnosing the P0301 2005 NISSAN SENTRA code
The cost of diagnosing the P0301 2005 NISSAN SENTRA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the P0301 2005 NISSAN SENTRA code detected?
Engine Cylinder 1 is misfiring.
P0301 2005 NISSAN SENTRA Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Lack/loss of power
- Hard start
- Engine hesitation
P0301 2005 NISSAN SENTRA Meaning
When a misfire occurs, engine speed will fluctuate. If the engine speed fluctuates enough to cause the Crankshaft Position (CKP
) sensor signal to vary, the Engine Control Module (ECM
) can determine that a misfire is occurring.