P0217 2000 FORD F150 - Engine Coolant Over Temperature Condition
P0217 2000 FORD F150 Possible Causes
- Faulty cooling fan
- Faulty Thermostat
- Faulty engine temperature sensor
- Cooling fan harness is open or shorted
- Cooling fan poor electrical connection
- Engine temperature sensor harness is open or shorted
- Engine temperature sensor poor electrical connection
- Improper ignition timing
- Blocked radiator
P0217 2000 FORD F150 Tech NotesIndicates an engine overheat condition was detected by the engine temperature sensor (CHT or ECT depending how vehicle is equip). This condition will cause the boost from the supercharger to be bypassed to avoid potential engine damage.
If the P0217 code is present and there are no coolant leaks, start by servicing the coolant system and replacing the thermostat to resolve the problem.
Cost of diagnosing the P0217 2000 FORD F150 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0217 2000 FORD F150 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the P0217 2000 FORD F150 code detected?Engine coolant temperature is excessively high under normal engine speed.
P0217 2000 FORD F150 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)