P0196 2000 FORD F150 - Engine Oil Temperature Sensor Circuit Range/Performance
- Faulty Engine Oil Temperature sensor
- Engine Oil Temperature sensor harness is open or shorted
- Engine Oil Temperature sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Cooling system problem of stuck thermostat
- Damaged PCM
Indicates that the sensed EOT value from the EOT sensor is not within the PCM predicted engine oil temperature range, based on other PCM inputs.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0196 2000 Ford F150 Description
The engine oil temperature sensor is used to detect the engine oil temperature. The sensor modifies a voltage signal from the Engine Control Module (ECM
). The modified signal returns to the ECM
as the engine oil temperature input. The sensor uses a thermistor which is sensitive to the change in temperature. The electrical resistance of the thermistor decreases as temperature increases.