P0196 2000 FORD F150 - Engine Oil Temperature Sensor Circuit Range/Performance
P0196 2000 FORD F150 Possible Causes
- Faulty Engine Oil Temperature sensor
- Engine Oil Temperature sensor harness is open or shorted
- Engine Oil Temperature sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Cooling system problem of stuck thermostat
- Damaged PCM
P0196 2000 FORD F150 Tech Notes
Indicates that the sensed EOT value from the EOT sensor is not within the PCM predicted engine oil temperature range, based on other PCM inputs.
Cost of diagnosing the P0196 2000 FORD F150 code
The cost of diagnosing the P0196 2000 FORD F150 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P0196 2000 FORD F150 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0196 2000 FORD F150 Meaning
The engine oil temperature sensor is used to detect the engine oil temperature. The sensor modifies a voltage signal from the Engine Control Module (ECM
). The modified signal returns to the ECM
as the engine oil temperature input. The sensor uses a thermistor which is sensitive to the change in temperature. The electrical resistance of the thermistor decreases as temperature increases.