P0168 - Fuel Temperature Too High
P0168 Possible Causes
- Fuel contamination
- Faulty Fuel Tank Temperature Sensor
- Fuel Tank Temperature Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Fuel Tank Temperature Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
How is the P0168 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
User Submitted Video
What is the cost to diagnose the P0168 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P0168 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0168 MeaningThe Fuel Temperature Sensor is a thermistor type sensor. The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) supplies 5 volts and a ground circuit to the sensor. When the PCM detects a Fuel Temperature Sensor above a pre-determined value, no Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) sets. A fuel cooler located in front of the fuel tank is used to help keep the fuel temperature at an acceptable limit.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0168 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P0168 BUICK Engine Fuel Temperature Too High
- P0168 CADILLAC Engine Fuel Temperature Too High
- P0168 CHEVROLET Engine Fuel Temperature Too High ▶
- P0168 CHRYSLER Fuel Temperature Too High
- P0168 DODGE Fuel Temperature Too High
- P0168 GMC Engine Fuel Temperature Too High ▶
- P0168 JEEP Fuel Temperature Too High