P0158 2006 FORD FUSION - O2 Sensor Circuit High Voltage Bank 2 Sensor 2
P0158 2006 Ford Fusion Possible Causes
- Faulty Rear Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 2
- Rear Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 2 harness is open or shorted
- Rear Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 2 circuit poor electrical connection
- Inappropriate fuel pressure
- Faulty fuel injectors
- Intake air leaks
- Exhaust gas leaks
P0158 2006 Ford Fusion Tech NotesReplacing the Rear Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 2 usually takes care of the problem.
Cost of diagnosing the P0158 2006 Ford Fusion code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0158 2006 Ford Fusion code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the code detected?The P0158 code is set when the Engine Control Module (ECM) detects that the rear O2 sensor signal voltage remains excessively high for an extended period of time.
P0158 2006 Ford Fusion Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Possible higher than usual fuel consumption
P0158 2006 Ford Fusion MeaningThe heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) signals are monitored for an over voltage condition. The code is set when the HO2S signal voltage is 1.5 volts or greater.