P0157 NISSAN - HO2S22 Circuit Low Voltage
P0157 NISSAN Possible Causes
- Faulty Rear Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 2
- Rear Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 2 harness is open or shorted
- Rear Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 2 circuit poor electrical connection
- Inappropriate fuel pressure
- Faulty fuel injectors
- Intake air leaks may be faulty
- Exhaust gas leaks
How is the P0157 NISSAN code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P0157 NISSAN code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P0157 NISSAN code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
When is the code detected?The P0157 code is set when the Engine Control Module (ECM) detects that the rear O2 sensor signal voltage remains excessively low for an extended period of time.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- High Fuel Consumption
- Excessive Smoke from Exhaust
P0157 NISSAN MeaningThe heated oxygen sensor 2 (HO2S), after three way catalyst (manifold), monitors the oxygen level in the exhaust gas on each bank. For optimum catalyst operation, the air fuel mixture (air-fuel ratio) must be maintained near the ideal stoichiometric ratio. The HO2S output voltage changes suddenly in the vicinity of the stoichiometric ratio. The Engine Control Module (ECM) adjusts the fuel injection time so that the air-fuel ratio is nearly stoichiometric. The HO2S generates a voltage between 0.1 and 0.9 V in response to oxygen in the exhaust gas. If the oxygen in the exhaust gas increases, the air-fuel ratio becomes Lean. The ECM interprets Lean when the HO2S voltage is below 0.45 V. If the oxygen in the exhaust gas decreases, the air-fuel ratio becomes Rich. The ECM interprets Rich when the HO2S voltage is above 0.45 V.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0157 NISSAN code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific Nissan models
- P0157 2006 NISSAN MAXIMA 📷
- P0157 2007 NISSAN MAXIMA 📷
- P0157 2008 NISSAN MAXIMA 📷
- P0157 2006 NISSAN PATHFINDER 📷
- P0157 2007 NISSAN PATHFINDER 📷
- P0157 2008 NISSAN PATHFINDER 📷
- P0157 2009 NISSAN PATHFINDER 📷
- P0157 2010 NISSAN PATHFINDER 📷
- P0157 2011 NISSAN PATHFINDER 📷
- P0157 2012 NISSAN PATHFINDER 📷
- P0157 2007 NISSAN SENTRA 📷
- P0157 2008 NISSAN SENTRA 📷
- P0157 2009 NISSAN SENTRA 📷
- P0157 2010 NISSAN SENTRA 📷
- P0157 2011 NISSAN SENTRA 📷
- P0157 2012 NISSAN SENTRA 📷