P0141 ACURA - O2 Sensor 1 Sensor 2 Heater Circuit Malfunction Bank
- Faulty Heated Oxygen Sensor (H2OS) Bank 1 Sensor 2
- Heated Oxygen Sensor (H2OS) Bank 1 Sensor 2 circuit fuse
- Heated Oxygen Sensor (H2OS) Bank 1 Sensor 2 circuit open shorted to ground
- Heated Oxygen Sensor (H2OS) Bank 1 Sensor 2 circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
1999 Acura RL P0141 Diagnosing O2 Sensor Heater Failure Codes
User Submitted Video
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Possible higher than usual fuel Consumption
P0141 Acura Description
Oxygen Sensors (O2S) or Heated Oxygen Sensors (HO2S) need to reach a minimum operating temperature of 750 degrees F to produce an accurate voltage signal. The faster the heated oxygen sensor reaches that temperature the faster the sensor will start sending an accurate signal to the Engine Control Module (ECM).
In order to achieve the require temperature, a heater element is included inside the heated oxygen sensor. The ECM controls the heated oxygen sensor heater element based on signals from the engine coolant temperature and engine load. The ECM controls the heater element circuit by allowing current flow to ground.
The ECM monitors the voltage signal received through the heater element circuit and determines the state of the circuit by comparing the voltage detected with the factory specifications.