P0137 2006 FORD FUSION - O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 2
P0137 2006 Ford Fusion Possible Causes
- Faulty Rear Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1
- Rear Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 harness is open or shorted
- Rear Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 circuit poor electrical connection
- Inappropriate fuel pressure
- Faulty fuel injectors
- Intake air leaks may be faulty
- Exhaust gas leaks
P0137 2006 Ford Fusion Tech Notes
Replacing the rear O2 Sensor bank 1 usually takes care of the problem.
Cost of diagnosing the P0137 2006 Ford Fusion code
The cost of diagnosing the P0137 2006 Ford Fusion code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the code detected?
The P0137 code is set when the Engine Control Module (ECM) detects that the rear O2 sensor signal voltage remains excessively low for an extended period of time.
P0137 2006 Ford Fusion Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- High Fuel Consumption
- Excessive Smoke from Exhaust
P0137 2006 Ford Fusion Meaning
The powertrain control module (PCM
) monitors the heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) for a circuit concern. The test fails when the PCM
detects a concern with one of the circuits used to determine the oxygen content in the exhaust gas.