P0135 FORD - O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction Bank 1 Sensor 1
- Faulty Heated Oxygen Sensor (H2OS) Bank 1 Sensor 1
- Heated Oxygen Sensor (H2OS) Bank 1 Sensor 1 circuit fuse
- Heated Oxygen Sensor (H2OS) Bank 1 Sensor 1 circuit open shorted to ground
- Heated Oxygen Sensor (H2OS) Bank 1 Sensor 1 circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Possible higher than usual fuel Consumption
P0135 Ford Description
Oxygen Sensors (O2S) or Heated Oxygen Sensors (HO2S) need to reach a minimum operating temperature of 750 degrees F to produce an accurate voltage signal. The faster the heated oxygen sensor reaches that temperature the faster the sensor will start sending an accurate signal to the Engine Control Module (ECM).
In order to achieve the require temperature, a heater element is included inside the heated oxygen sensor. The ECM controls the heated oxygen sensor heater element based on signals from the engine coolant temperature and engine load. The ECM controls the heater element circuit by allowing current flow to ground.
The ECM monitors the voltage signal received through the heater element circuit and determines the state of the circuit by comparing the voltage detected with the factory specifications.
P0135 Ford Information for specific Ford models
P0135 1998 FORD F150
P0135 1999 FORD F150
P0135 2000 FORD F150
P0135 2001 FORD F150
P0135 2002 FORD F150
P0135 2003 FORD F150
P0135 2006 FORD FUSION
P0135 2007 FORD FUSION
P0135 2008 FORD FUSION
P0135 2009 FORD FUSION
P0135 2010 FORD FUSION
P0135 2011 FORD FUSION
P0135 2012 FORD FUSION