P0134 HONDA - Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Bank 1, Sensor 1 Heater System Malfunction
P0134 HONDA Possible Causes
- Faulty Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Bank 1
- Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Bank 1 harness is open or shorted
- Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Bank 1 circuit poor electrical connection
- Inappropriate fuel pressure
- Faulty fuel injectors
- Intake air leaks may be faulty
- Exhaust gas leaks
How is the P0134 HONDA code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
2003-2005 Honda Accord V6s
2005 Honda Odysseys
2005 Honda Pilots
2006 Honda Ridgelines
To fix this problem, check the sensor wiring and connections for damage. If the sensor circuit is OK, and the DTC(s) come back after clearing them and doing a short test-drive, replace the A/F sensor. The replacement A/F sensors in Honda parts stock are an improved version over the original sensor.
What is the cost to diagnose the P0134 HONDA code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P0134 HONDA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
When is the code detected?1. When the A/F sensor does not activate in a fixed time after the A/F sensor heater starts to warm up (within high A/F sensor internal resistance), a malfunction of the A/F sensor heater is detected, and a DTC is stored.
2. When the A/F sensor heater does not reactivate within a fixed time after the heater became inactive (with high A/F sensor internal resistance) from active (with low A/F sensor internal resistance) though the heater is ON, a malfunction in the A/F sensor heater is detected, and a DTC is stored.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- High Fuel Consumption
- Excessive Smoke from Exhaust
P0134 HONDA MeaningThe air/fuel ratio (A/F) sensor is activated by warming the element with the heater and by maintaining it at a steady high temperature to calculate accurate air/fuel (A/F) ratio. The A/F sensor does not become active when the element is not warmed enough due to a heater malfunction, etc., and the exhaust emissions deteriorate. The engine control module (ECM)/powertrain control module (PCM) monitors the A/F sensor active condition by the A/F sensor internal resistance.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0134 HONDA code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals